Back In The Saddle
After making the plan to finish my pilots license around a month ago, I finally had my first flight. Yeah, it has been quite a while since my last flight (September 17, 2013), however for it being so long, I flew quite well.
I have a new instructor, Steve Cochrane, who has been flying with Gorge Winds for quite a while. So far, he’s been an excellent instructor helping me to find out my weaknesses and loaning me materials I need to get my head in the right direction. I’m bummed to not be flying with my former instructor Rick Payne, however he’s out having a blast flying for SkyWest, so I can be too heart broken.
Today’s flight was just getting back into things. We covered takeoffs, using a VOR for navigation, steep turns, slow flight, stalls, and s-turns.
I was surprised at how quickly things came back. Though I’m definitely rusty, I had an excellent time and have a good game plan on what to get caught up on.
My next flight is scheduled for tomorrow morning. Let’s hope the next flight continues my success.
August 2, 2014 / Jason / 14
Categories: Private Pilot Completion
- Total Flight Time: 218.5 Hours
- Pilot In Command Time: 125.7 Hours
- Solo Time: 100.8 Hours
- >50NM Cross Country Time: 60.5 Hours
- >50NM Cross Country Time (Solo): 27.8 Hours
- Night Time: 7.1 Hours
- Simulated Instrument Time: 4.8 Hours
- Landings (Day/Night): 521 (499/22)
- Flight Training Received: 92.8 Hours
- Ground Training Received: 30.8 Hours