A year ago today, I went and bought an aircraft from a little old lady in Cadillac, Michigan with my friend Jeffrey. Between the two of us, we’ve flown her quite regularly since taking the keys. Flying from Michigan back to Portland over a four-day journey over Mt. Rushmore, the Tetons, and numerous other stop […]
Over the last 6-7 months, since writing about why to buy an airplane. My friend and I have made it a reality and are flying back from Cadillac, Michigan this week to Portland, Oregon with OUR new (47 year old) airplane that we just bought!
It’s been a while since I last posted and I wanted to give an update to some things that I’ve been working in related to being a pilot.
I started talking about buying an airplane in the middle of last year. I didn’t know for sure what it would take to buy one, I just knew why I wanted to buy one. People out there have a number of reasons that they go with buying an airplane, and my reasons are probably pretty […]
- Total Flight Time: 218.5 Hours
- Pilot In Command Time: 125.7 Hours
- Solo Time: 100.8 Hours
- >50NM Cross Country Time: 60.5 Hours
- >50NM Cross Country Time (Solo): 27.8 Hours
- Night Time: 7.1 Hours
- Simulated Instrument Time: 4.8 Hours
- Landings (Day/Night): 521 (499/22)
- Flight Training Received: 92.8 Hours
- Ground Training Received: 30.8 Hours