Early Morning Downtown Portland with David and Ann
David and I had talked about flying for some time, so yesterday, when I noticed there was going to be some good weather today, I decided to plan an early morning flight. Conveniently enough, his birthday was Wednesday a couple days ago and Ann, our third, had her birthday on Monday.
The winds were pretty rough outside of Troutdale, and I had to get to work, so we kept this flight shorter than normal and made our way over Portland. As you’ll see from the shots, the skies and area around were clear save for fog south of downtown and to the west of the hills.
Our path took us flying over PDX tower, to the St. John’s bridge, south along the west hills through downtown, over OHSU, with a 180 bringing us back over Portland before heading east at the center of downtown out over Mt. Tabor back towards Troutdale. I was thinking of continuing into the Columbia Gorge towards Multnomah Falls, but the winds were a bit too strong and turbulent, so we ended our flight just a bit early.
A very enjoyable start to the day!
November 4, 2016 / Jason / 0
- Total Flight Time: 218.5 Hours
- Pilot In Command Time: 125.7 Hours
- Solo Time: 100.8 Hours
- >50NM Cross Country Time: 60.5 Hours
- >50NM Cross Country Time (Solo): 27.8 Hours
- Night Time: 7.1 Hours
- Simulated Instrument Time: 4.8 Hours
- Landings (Day/Night): 521 (499/22)
- Flight Training Received: 92.8 Hours
- Ground Training Received: 30.8 Hours