Mothers Day Around Downtown Portland and Dog Mountain
Since my mom was out of the state for Mothers Day, I had the pleasure of taking my friend Cassie, her sister and their mother, Sue, on a lovely flight around downtown Portland and through the Columbia Gorge around Dog Mountain which they had hiked the day before.
Cassie asked me around March if she could book me for Mothers Day and I said yes. This was going to be a surprise for her mom, so we kept quiet about it so that she had no clue. The original plans of going to the coast were foiled by the low clouds over the coastal airports that day, so we modified our plans and everything went amazing. Flying for the sights is weather dependent, so the fact that we lucked out on even being able to fly on Mothers Day, booking it around March, was just great.
From what I could tell, everyone loved the flight – especially her mom, so a huge success to everyone involved with the surprise.
Happy Mothers Day!
May 9, 2015 / Jason / 22
- Total Flight Time: 218.5 Hours
- Pilot In Command Time: 125.7 Hours
- Solo Time: 100.8 Hours
- >50NM Cross Country Time: 60.5 Hours
- >50NM Cross Country Time (Solo): 27.8 Hours
- Night Time: 7.1 Hours
- Simulated Instrument Time: 4.8 Hours
- Landings (Day/Night): 521 (499/22)
- Flight Training Received: 92.8 Hours
- Ground Training Received: 30.8 Hours