Today’s flight, my 84th one, marks a pretty significant point in my learning to fly. I reached 100 hours of time flying! I also soloed again during this flight here at Troutdale. It also reaches four years of “Looking To The Sky.” Crazy to think that I started this four years ago, and though I’m STILL not done, I’m going to be soon!
I’m going to be giving some numbers during this post which may also be of interest…
After flying with Steve yesterday, I knew for the most part what today was going to consist of; soloing here at Troutdale. Well, after a little bit of discussion, Steve and I got into the plane and did a few landings around Troutdale. All three landings kept getting better, so Steve hopped on out, and I was left to get into trouble.
Thankfully, trouble didn’t follow. What did follow was two great landings, followed by a Happy Valley departure, a Boring arrival, and another few excellent landings.
Today was excellent.
Here’s my flight track below:
The numbers I’ll be giving, are the flights through the years, the amount I’ve spent through the years, and where I’m currently situated.
Year Hours Rental Instructor Other 2010 31.1 3204.30 1499.55 552.92 2011 24.8 2565.70 684.95 468.32 2012 12.3 1678.90 399.00 632.99 2013 25.3 3156.30 752.50 443.22 2014 6.6 765.60 212.00 28.99 Totals 100.1 11370.80 3548.00 2126.44
Taking the time to total this up, it comes to a surprising $17,045.24! WOW!!! I can’t believe I’ve spent that much already on this thing…and I’m still not finished up with my license. Time to get things wrapped up so I can get out and use this thing!
The right side of my page shows my current flight logs. Here are the current numbers:
- Total Flight Time: 100.1 Hours
- Flight Training Received: 82.5 Hours
- Ground Training Received: 15.3 Hours
- Solo Time: 17.6 Hours
- Pilot In Command Time: 17.6 Hours
- >50NM Cross Country Time: 10.6 Hours
- >50NM Cross Country Time (Solo): 5.8 Hours
- Night Time: 3.5 Hours
- Simulated Instrument Time: 3.4 Hours
- Landings (Day/Night): 353 (337/16)
August 17, 2014 / Jason / 47
Categories: Private Pilot Completion
- Total Flight Time: 218.5 Hours
- Pilot In Command Time: 125.7 Hours
- Solo Time: 100.8 Hours
- >50NM Cross Country Time: 60.5 Hours
- >50NM Cross Country Time (Solo): 27.8 Hours
- Night Time: 7.1 Hours
- Simulated Instrument Time: 4.8 Hours
- Landings (Day/Night): 521 (499/22)
- Flight Training Received: 92.8 Hours
- Ground Training Received: 30.8 Hours