It’d been quite some time since I’d flown to McMinnville and this flight I was finally able to visit again.
McMinnville is an interesting city. There isn’t a ton going on, but they have a cool restaurant called Alf’s that has a monkey most of the time who is named Elvis. They also have a really cool aviation museum with a 747 on top and the home of the “Spruce Goose”!
Anyways, I flew on a nice day from Troutdale all the way there after taking almost three weeks from being able to fly. It was great to be back behind the controls and it was nice to know that I didn’t forget everything!
The flight was a bit rough on the first landing, but the rest went smooth and it was great solo flight.
Flight Time: 1.3 Hours
March 27, 2013 / Jason / 1
Categories: Private Pilot Completion
- Total Flight Time: 218.5 Hours
- Pilot In Command Time: 125.7 Hours
- Solo Time: 100.8 Hours
- >50NM Cross Country Time: 60.5 Hours
- >50NM Cross Country Time (Solo): 27.8 Hours
- Night Time: 7.1 Hours
- Simulated Instrument Time: 4.8 Hours
- Landings (Day/Night): 521 (499/22)
- Flight Training Received: 92.8 Hours
- Ground Training Received: 30.8 Hours