Finally Soloed at Troutdale
After a few attempts in weather that wasn’t so great, I booked a flight a couple days before I left to Costa Rica in anticipation of being able to go for my solo. Well, the weather was cooperating and I was finally able to do my solo flight at Troutdale Airport.
Rick and I flew a few runs around the pattern, and after he was feeling confident that I was feeling confident, he hopped out and I took off.
The flight was great. I wasn’t nervous and everything just kinda came into place. My radio calls were much better than before and I was way ahead of the airplane in configuring her to landing.
As a reward, we took off east towards Mt. Hood and I was able to get a number of stellar shots for your enjoyment.
December 15, 2012 / Jason /
Categories: Private Pilot Completion
- Total Flight Time: 218.5 Hours
- Pilot In Command Time: 125.7 Hours
- Solo Time: 100.8 Hours
- >50NM Cross Country Time: 60.5 Hours
- >50NM Cross Country Time (Solo): 27.8 Hours
- Night Time: 7.1 Hours
- Simulated Instrument Time: 4.8 Hours
- Landings (Day/Night): 521 (499/22)
- Flight Training Received: 92.8 Hours
- Ground Training Received: 30.8 Hours