Finally Flew Solo!!!
Last year in June was my last solo flight, since then I pretty much quit flying. However, after my restart of my lessons in September, I finally was able to get soloed at a local airport again!
Troutdale had a ton of wind (18+ knots) so we took off to Scappoose where I had my solo flight at. We did a couple landings in the area, and he then hopped out as I took off and flew my successful landings at the airport. Such a great feeling to get this done again.
I felt great for this flight in general. I had a good plan for how to get to Scappoose and flying 172MR was quite nice for this flight. My radio communication is getting a lot better and my feel for landing and getting where I need to be has improved significantly.
What an awesome and beautiful day of flying!!!
November 15, 2012 / Jason /
Categories: Private Pilot Completion
- Total Flight Time: 218.5 Hours
- Pilot In Command Time: 125.7 Hours
- Solo Time: 100.8 Hours
- >50NM Cross Country Time: 60.5 Hours
- >50NM Cross Country Time (Solo): 27.8 Hours
- Night Time: 7.1 Hours
- Simulated Instrument Time: 4.8 Hours
- Landings (Day/Night): 521 (499/22)
- Flight Training Received: 92.8 Hours
- Ground Training Received: 30.8 Hours