Flying In The Rain
Today I went out to Troutdale with the hopes of being able to fly more than just in the pattern. However, when I got there, the weather got worse and we were stuck practicing landings in the rain. My landings went quite well for being in the rain and though I got a little wet due to there being a leak in the plane, we had a great time.
One thing I haven’t done in a long time that we did today was for me to call up 800 Weather for a standard weather briefing for the area. If I wasn’t staying in the pattern and the flight was going to be like it was, I would have logged a flight to get in on the books in case something was to go wrong. Thankfully, nothing went wrong!
Flight Time: 0.7 Hours
October 22, 2012 / Jason /
Categories: Private Pilot Completion
- Total Flight Time: 218.5 Hours
- Pilot In Command Time: 125.7 Hours
- Solo Time: 100.8 Hours
- >50NM Cross Country Time: 60.5 Hours
- >50NM Cross Country Time (Solo): 27.8 Hours
- Night Time: 7.1 Hours
- Simulated Instrument Time: 4.8 Hours
- Landings (Day/Night): 521 (499/22)
- Flight Training Received: 92.8 Hours
- Ground Training Received: 30.8 Hours