I went over to Twin Oaks today expecting the wind to stay around five knots, but as we took off to fly, the winds increased. I was only able to do a couple landings that day, but since I was working to solo at Twin Oaks, I wasn’t able to do much more than that.
We landed, and cleaned things up, got out of the plane and went up to the classroom. While there, the winds died down, and the sun came out. I passed on continuing to fly (save on costs) and wait for a better day.
For the short flight it was, I was happy with the landings and my overall flying. First attempt at landing I was too high because there was such a strong headwind. My last two landings went great.
Total Flight Time: 0.5 Hours
March 19, 2011 / Jason /
Categories: Private Pilot Completion
- Total Flight Time: 218.5 Hours
- Pilot In Command Time: 125.7 Hours
- Solo Time: 100.8 Hours
- >50NM Cross Country Time: 60.5 Hours
- >50NM Cross Country Time (Solo): 27.8 Hours
- Night Time: 7.1 Hours
- Simulated Instrument Time: 4.8 Hours
- Landings (Day/Night): 521 (499/22)
- Flight Training Received: 92.8 Hours
- Ground Training Received: 30.8 Hours